Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First trip to ER and then a few days at Children's Hospital

Poor little Brooklyn. It started with a fever of 104 last Monday. I took B to the doctor because I was so worried. They chalked it up to a throat virus that was going around because her throat was red. I proceeded to call the doctor everyday because I couldn't keep her fever down and it was SO high! If I would have trusted my motherly instincts I would have taken her to the ER Wednesday. But, instead, I listened to the doctor. By Friday I was in a panic. She still had a high fever, was not playing, eating, etc. When I picked her up she cried and I felt like I was hurting her. We went back to the pediatrician for advice and they sent us directly to the ER at Children's Hospital.




















B waiting in the ER :(

After a catheter to get a clean sample of urine and THREE sticks to get an IV in, we spent a couple hours in the ER waiting for an answer. The ER doctor came in and said, "She has a rip-roaring urinary tract infection and my suspicion is it is in her bladder and possibly her kidneys. She needs to be admitted for more tests, monitoring and IV antibiotics."




















Sad little Brooklyn!

All in all we spent 3 nights and 4 days at Children's. She had ups and downs and fever spikes but by the 2nd and 3rd day, she was feeling better.














Aunt Sarah holding a feverish, sick B.

Brooklyn had lots of visitors including her sissy, Marley Doodle. Marley was not so interested in her sister but more excited about popsicles and toys!



At this point Brooklyn has kept fevers at bay and is playing almost like she did before. I say almost like she did before because a couple nights before she became sick we had to buy a crib tent to keep her in her bed. That's right, she likes to try to climb out of her bed now...TRY being the key word. She is too little to actually do it but I am sure those days are right around the corner. I will post picture of the "baby jail" soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Contributors