Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We are home! Updates galore! Pictures!

Brooklyn Comes Home
Marley
Lucas and Brooklyn - One week old
Bare with me. I have a million updates and pictures to go along with them. Click on web albums above to view pictures and captions. 

Mom, Dad, and Brooklyn came home on Monday afternoon. Marley will remain in the NICU for a few weeks. She weighed 3lbs. 2 oz. at birth but did not need oxygen or any other help thriving upon delivery. She was actually crying louder than Brooklyn. All she has to do to come home is eat completely on her own - right now she takes bottles of breast milk and if she doesn't eat enough on her own they feed the rest through a feeding tube to her. The second is gain weight, which obviously would be a direct result of her eating more on her own. She dropped to 2lbs. 14oz. on Friday night but today, Marley weighed 3lbs. 1.5oz. She's headed in the right direction!

Being at home is great but we miss Marley. Brooklyn is the best baby! She sleeps all the time and we have to wake her up to feed her. She cries only when her clothes are off and she is cold. We are on an every 3 hour feeding schedule that takes about an hour to accomplish - so we sleep two hours, up one hour! Very tiring, but manageable.

Kirra is doing okay with the baby. She likes Brooklyn a lot. Right now she is a little overly excited and it is overwhelming to Brooklyn.

I feel pretty good. The c-section was very easy compared to every thing else I have been through. The only place I hurt is where my epidural was. The doctor said it is remaining spinal fluid and will go away in a few weeks. I get to keep taking pain pills, but I keep them at a minimum - mostly sticking with Motrin.

Dad is awesome! He helps me so much. He's great with the girls...burping them, feeding them, cleaning things for me, running downstairs a million and one times, getting up first when I am too sleepy, making me food, taking me to the hospital every day to visit with Marley. I could keep the list going on and on. Brooklyn and Marley love their daddy. Brooklyn eats more for him than anyone else and Marley always wakes up when he's around.

Brooklyn met her cousin, Lucas, for the first time today.  They hung out in the pack and play for a bit.  Lucas is almost 6 weeks old and weighs close to 11lbs., which is normal!  But next to Brooklyn he looks like a beast!  Too cute!

This is just the best feeling ever. We are a new family and we are so in love! I cannot imagine not having them.

Thank you to all who came to visit at the hospital, brought us food and gifts! We appreciate it so much! Lots of love to you all! Enjoy the pictures and we will keep updates coming.

No comments:

Contributors