Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lucas William Burke is here!



That's right folks, Lucas finally arrived. Here are the stats: Born Saturday, October 4 at 3:15pm. He weighed 9lbs. 3 oz. and was as healthy as can be!

Sarah was amazing. She was induced at 3am. Had an epidural around 7am. Started pushing at 1pm. She was doing awesome until they let the epidural wear off. That was a little too much pain and she was having trouble breathing well enough to push. Once the gave her more pain meds she was set to go...but Lucas was not. That stubborn little boy who already made us wait so long to meet him, was not cooperating. The doctor gave my sister two options. One, c-section. Two, try pushing again with the additional help of forceps. Well, with the aid of the forceps a few moments later out came Lucas. He looks just like his daddy, but he does have the same nose my sister, brother and I all do!

Sarah, Lucas and Marty are all doing great - happy, healthy, and tired.

I am thankful that I was there for the birth but I am exhausted. I cannot even imagine how my sister feels. All I know is that I am filled with happiness for the new family and so excited to be an Auntie! Enjoy the pictures!


click on this album to view more pics of Lucas!

No comments:

Contributors