Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bedrest!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my normal 28 week check up and ultrasound.  Ultrasound was first and went well.  The babies are perfect!  Baby A is 2lbs. 10 oz. and baby B is 2lbs. 8 oz. They are doing very well! All looks wonderful.


I saw the dr. for another exam and that is when we discovered that I am 1cm. dilated.  I should not be dilated at all at this point, although it is not uncommon for multiple pregnancies.  The dr. said it is time for bed rest.  I am still in shock!  I knew it was coming because they told me to expect it around week 32, but this is a little early and so sudden.  

Bed rest means that I am very limited on activity.  No working.  No shopping or going out.  I am allowed to go to the bathroom, take a shower, make myself food....and that is about it.  No cleaning, nothing strenuous.  I have to keep my feet off the ground 95% of the time.  This is going to be extremely difficult to me as I still feel like I have a TON to do.  

For now, it is constant monitoring.  Dr. appts. every week to make sure I am not proceeding further.  The twins would be viable at this point, but they would struggle.  I am on shots of steroids to help the twin's lungs develop more rapidly and get stronger quickly.  My next appointment is on Monday.  I will keep everyone posted on my status and the girls!  Keep up in your thoughts and prayers.  We need to make it at least 4 more weeks!  October 13th is my goal!

1 comment:

beercanchuck said...

Make sure Mike waits on you hand and foot. Tell him Uncle Bob says so.

Contributors