Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shower, Updates, Blackout 2008, Bedrest - WARNING....long post!

SHOWERWell, we made it through my shower on Saturday! It was wonderful and we got a lot more stuff for the girls. We are almost all set for their arrival....almost. I am not sure I will ever feel ready or feel like I have enough stuff.  I didn't take any pictures because I was so busy the whole time so I really do not have much to show.  It was a really fun time though!

BLACKOUTMike's mom and I were actually headed out on Sunday to return some duplicates and buy our stroller when the hurricane hit. That's right, our very own hurricane in the mid-west! It was pretty windy when we headed out and our first clue to turn around should have been the tree that was about to come down across the bridge in their driveway. When we did come back about 20 minutes later....this is what we found....

As Mike and his dad and the neighbors were working on this tree, we got word that the roof on the barn was coming off. Next up - dangerous roof repair in 75 mph winds! I did not take part in any of the cutting, sawing, removing of debris, etc. The winds were still strong and I was afraid of getting hit by something so I stayed at the house with the dogs.

While I was hanging with the dogs watching things swirl about, I heard a loud crack and then crash. I went to the back door to check out the surroundings and sure enough another tree fell in their back yard. Some how it did not crush the pool fence and missed the hot tub by inches! SO LUCKY!! The tree was going to be cut down anyway so it was not a loss. The strong winds lasted from about noon until 4 or 5 o'clock! Mike and I were afraid to go back to our house to find our damage!


Once we did get back to our place surprisingly, we had no damage to the house. Only lots of limbs down and a mess of leaves and debris. We were very lucky given our house being surrounded by very old trees!

The worst part of it all was that when the winds kicked up on Sunday afternoon the power went out and didn't come back on until very late Tuesday night for us. Others were lucky and had power a day or so earlier. I am just thankful that the babies were not here yet. That would have made the blackout even more difficult!

BED REST! - Yes, I am now on bedrest.  I will post an additional post with all the details and updates on the last dr. appt.

No comments:

Contributors