Subscribe to daily email updates!

Enter your email address:

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tradition

Every year we go to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried and carry out several traditions.  For my dad's side of the family we go to Mac and Rose Mary's grave and eat Turtle candies.  They were Mac's favorite!  For my mom's side we go to my Grandma's grave and I read a poem that my Aunt Carol and I wrote the year after she passed and Sarah reads a note that Aunt Carol wrote to Grandma.  


The other tradition is to take a family picture by the grave and then for the grandkids to take a picture by the tree next to Grandma's grave.  This year we had to add great grandkids into the mix. I wish Grandma was here to meet the new little ones.  She would have been just as in love as the rest of us.  These extra special moments, like weddings and babies, really make me wish she was here to experience this all with us.  Instead, we have to be satisfied to know that she is watching over the babies and us and sending all the love and protection she can!

The grandkids and now great grandkids - Landen, Lucas, 
Brooklyn and Marley.

The fam - Landen is in the front standing by Valerie...BUT 
not only can this almost 9 month old stand...he can WALK!

2 comments:

beercanchuck said...

I tell Landen every time I see him that he needs to learn how to walk, he's too big to carry.
The only good picture I got of him, everyone else in the photo is looking to the right. The rest of them have the balloon in front of Landen's face.

Katie said...

stinkin' kids....i guess we will try again on mother's day!

Contributors